This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
This simple homemade granola only requires a few all-natural ingredients. It’s also flexible, which means you can swap out ingredients to create endless flavor options.
I have been making this simple homemade granola for over ten years! It’s my favorite because it’s easy to make, has all-natural ingredients, and can be customized to fit your family’s preference.
In the winter, I eat mainly oatmeal for breakfast. But once the weather warms up, I start whipping up smoothies and granola! My personal favorite way to eat this simple homemade granola is in a bowl topped with milk and fresh blueberries — homegrown or handpicked from the farm. It’s also wonderful sprinkled on top of yogurt or even as a snack on its own.
Tips for Making Simple Homemade All-Natural Granola
- The first time you make this recipe you will want to watch the granola carefully in the last 15 minutes of baking. All ovens vary, so you will need to figure out the perfect amount of time to bake granola for your oven and to your liking.
- I like my granola crunchy but chewy, so I bake it until lightly golden.
- If you like your granola really crunchy, increase the baking time and watch your granola carefully in the last few minutes. You will want the granola to be slightly brown. BE CAREFUL because if it gets too brown it will taste burnt.
- Experiment with the different types of fat. The coconut oil gives the granola a slight coconut flavor for those who like the taste of coconut but not the texture.
- I don’t recommend using extra virgin olive-oil as a fat in this recipe because it tends to have an over-powering flavor. Vegetable oil would be a better choice.
- I have included dried fruit as an option in this recipe, but I never use it. I prefer to stick to nuts and top my granola with fresh fruit.
- After baking and cooling the granola, it should be a big clump. You can easily break it into pieces with a spoon.
Simple Homemade All-Natural Granola Recipe
4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups any combination chopped nuts/seeds/dried fruit (pecan, almond, walnut, shredded coconut, peanut, flax seed, sunflower seed, etc.)
1/2 cup liquid sweetener (honey, pure maple syrup, agave nectar, etc.)
1/2 cup fat (melted butter, melted coconut oil, etc.)
Simple Homemade All-Natural Granola Recipe Instructions
- Measure oats into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweetener and fat of choice. Mix well.
- Add wet mixture into oats and stir until the oats are well-coated.
- Spread oat mixture evenly into a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While oats are baking, chop the nuts and/or dried fruit.
- After 15 minutes, remove pan from oven and add nuts/seeds and dried fruit, if using. Stir to combine.
- Cook another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool, then remove from pan and store in an airtight container.
Printable Tags for Simple Homemade All-Natural Granola
As you may have noticed, there is a lot of freedom to get creative with this recipe. It’s fun to experiment and find your own favorite flavor! I put together some cute labels which have different flavor combinations. Click HERE for the printable PDF. You can use these to label jars of granola for your pantry or to give away as gifts.
Have you made homemade granola? What’s your favorite granola combination or way to eat granola? I’d love to hear your ideas!
SHOP THIS POST:
100% Pure, Raw, Unfiltered Honey
Leave a Reply